Saturday, August 1, 2009

Co-worker Appreciation Day

I work with some really great people. Those of you who work in the entertainment industry know that times can get seriously tough in the office. Having supportive co-workers to lean on is key to survival when stressful situations arise. These relationships can be unique because the people you work with are really the only people who can understand what you go through on the job. Whether you send an actor to the wrong casting office for a big audition or you copied the wrong "Michael" on an email to a client, supportive co-workers can make all the difference in a work environment. They are there ... there to pull together and finish off the 6 lb bag of pretzels that mysteriously appears in the kitchen (we did it, guys!), to quickly instant message you the answer to a question your boss is asking, to help you track down scripts that can be hard to find, to send you entertaining links to look at when you need a pick-me-up, to help you find humor in what can seem like disastrous situations and possibly most importantly, to help you come up with hair-brained ideas to cover up your mistakes.

I like my job, and I like coming to work in the morning because I like these people. These people like food. As a result, I decided to make something delicious for them, something I know they are ALL fans of:

Everybody Likes Garlic Cheddar Biscuits:

Makes about 9 biscuits

2 1/4 C bisquick baking mix
3/4 C milk
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 C sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp black pepper
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder



Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Mix bisquick and milk (as directed on the box)
add minced garlic and cheddar cheese, mixing thoroughly into dough
drop dough onto a greased baking sheet (should make about 9 biscuits depending on the size of each)
Bake biscuits for 8-10 minutes (more for larger biscuits)until they begin to toast slightly on the top.

While biscuits are baking, melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave.
Mix salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic salt into melted butter.

Right after removing biscuits from the oven, use a pastry brush to lightly coat the tops of each biscuit with the butter mixture.



Remove biscuits from baking sheet, and serve while still warm.

2 comments:

Sue Andres-Brown said...

These are very good, and catching up on your blog is making me hungry!

The Boston Lady said...

Oh my gosh. I'm going to have to start cooking again! I feel like I've been out of the culinary loop for awhile, but I get so inspired when I read your blog!!

Ann W

Post a Comment