Friday, January 22, 2010

Quickies

In case you were wondering. The bridal shower last weekend was a success.



It has been a long time since I have had such a girly weekend. It was essentially full of flowers, tissue paper, sangria, cheese plates, chocolate, magazine, purses, toothpicks, ice cream, ribbon and pictures. To top it off, I even bought a pink long sleeved shirt this morning at the mall. Ridiculous.



Even thought I would have loved to, I did not really get to make any food (besides sangria) for the bridal shower since we had too much to do in such a small amount of time. We bought almost all of the food, but I think it turned out just fine.



The bride does not like cake so we did a chocolate fountain and an ice cream bar instead which was delightful.



The games were silly but really fun.



I would like to let all of you know that if you should ever have anything shipped from Crate and Barrel, you do not EVER need to worry that it might break. They use plentiful tissue and padding in just a single medium-sized box.



The weather was nice as well.



I am not even going to pretend that this recipe has anything to do with that weekend. It is something I made the week before that was simple and easy. I didn’t want to do any heavy duty cooking since I wasn't necessarily going to have a relaxing weekend. Zach loves chicken potpie. I tried to make one a couple moths ago, but it never made the blog because we hated it. It was horrible. I say this so that you know I filter the recipes that end up on here. There are not many things I make with the intention of posting and then don’t, but there are have been a couple disasters. This chicken poop pie was probably the worst, but there was the salmon incident (summer 2009) and then the dry sugar cookie bar debacle (also summer 2009).

This chicken potpie was pretty much a sure thing. It was too simple to mess up. I mean, it is a recipe printed on the back of the Bisquick box for Heaven’s sake. It is a great weeknight comfort food recipe. However, I am still on the hunt for a chicken potpie recipe that uses nice variety of fresh vegetables, flavorful seasoning and a tasty golden crust…something that will take the better part of a Sunday afternoon to make.



This is Good for Now Chicken Potpie:

(makes 4 servings)

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 large egg
1 C bisquick mix
½ C milk

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix vegetables, chicken, soup in a mixing bowl. Mix the bisquick, egg and milk in a separate bowl. Pour the chicken mixture into a small casserole dish, and pour the bisquick mix over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bisquick is cooked thoroughly. Mine could have used a few more minutes...possibly 35 or 40.

3 comments:

The Boston Lady said...

I had no idea HE liked chicken pot pie! I think your version is divine. I've never made one that turned out well. I think yours sounds like it may be worth a try!!! I actually think if HE likes it so much, HE should figure out how to make it! The secret has got to be in the crust!!

Christina said...

Hi there!
I stumbled across your blog while searching for Puerto Rican recipes. I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful site you have! Keep up the good work!
Christina

Sammy said...

Thank you so much, Christina! Glad to know you like it.

Post a Comment