Monday, September 14, 2009

Brunch Club September: "Oh, and Bring Your Appetites"



The Brunch Club was back for its September round last weekend. BreAnna hosted this week at LeAnna's apartment near downtown. Shortly before the day in question, an email from 1/2 of the hosting team (the Brian half) was sent to the "Brunch?" email listserv that read:

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to give you all our address for tomorrow.

(insert detailed description of address and surroundings along with parking information)

Oh, and bring your appetites tomorrow!

Sincerely,
Brian


I am pretty sure what Brian mean to say was, "Please refrain from eating for the next 24 hours, and prepare yourself to find more food per capita than you have ever encountered at any food-related activity or event in your lives. Sincerely, Brian"

I mean this was just unimaginable. Brian and LeAnna provided enough food alone to feed everyone that was there thrice. On top of that, each person brought a dish. My only complaint is that there was no cereal.

The result: gluttony...in great company of course.

HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM - by BreAnna



This was one of my favorite foods this month. It was so light and fluffy and had just the right amount of sweetness (not too much). It made me realize how much better homemade whipped cream is than the store-bought stuff.

ALMOND RASPBERRY COFFEECAKE - by Sube



This was another favorite this month. Apparently it was the deluxe version of the recipe which tuned out just perfect. Delicious.

PANCAKES, EGGS, BACON, MUFFINS, BAGELS - by BreAnna



Classics are always crowd pleasers, especially in gargantuan quantities.

CHEESE PLATE AND CRACKERS- by Emily



Very classy stuff for a classy bunch.

STUFFED MUSHROOMS - by BreAnna



I have to say this is just a great idea. These were filled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese I think.

DRIED APRICOT SCONES - by ANDICE
I don't know that I have ever had scones before. Now I have, and now I like them. They were slightly sweet and a lovely texture. I thought I got a picture, but I cannot find it anywhere.

ASSORTED FRUITS AND DIPS - by BreAnna and Linzachary



We brought the bowl of fruit halves: pears, white nectarines and yellow nectarines. They are all very juicy this time of year. BreAnna provided all the rest, including the yogurt chocolate dip.

CHICKEN CREPES - by Natalie



I honestly did not even get a chance to try these. By the time I saw them, I was already finished with round three, and there was no room left. They sure are pretty though.

SAUSAGE BISCUIT BALLS - by me



I had these once a long time ago. They are just a mix of everything that is right about breakfast into a compact little ball. They are one of the easiest things I have ever made, and people seemed to like them. I know they are sometimes associated with the holidays for a Christmas morning breakfast, and that sounds about right to me.

Bring Your Appetite Sausage Biscuit Balls

makes about 24

1 1/2 C Bisquick mix
1 lb breakfast sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
3 C sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Brown the sausage meat in a frying pan.
Mix sausage, cheese and Bisquick mix with your hands until well blended.
Roll into ping-pong sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes



I invite any fellow brunchers to post their recipes in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment